Friday 30 September 2011

Not another blanket

No, this is not another blanket...well it is, but one with a difference.

In my previous post I showed you a snippet of the plain ruffle throw I was making.  Well, I finished it, and here it is:


Yep - that's it.  It's very thick, the stitchwork is pleasant, and the ruffles raise it above bland.....but it's still rather bland isn't it?

So I decided to experiment a little and add a few embellishments.  I looked around and spotted a flower garland that I made a while ago, and decided it would be better served cheering up my ruffle throw than dangling from the book case.  

Then I whipped up a few flowers and discs made from different yarns.  The result, is a somewhat experimental, less boring, slightly more colourful throw:


I'm reasonably happy with it, but I'm not sure if I love it.  What I do know is that it is truly one of a kind, and will be very snuggly this winter...and it is definitely no longer boring!







No comments:

Post a Comment