Saturday 16 April 2011

Bags of fun!

I popped down to the yarn shop earlier this week and came home with a whole new stash of Stylecraft chunky acrylic wool and little idea of what I was going to do with it!  The colours I'd chosen were denim blue and a light beige.  I did consider making another colour burst afghan with the denim as the main colour, but didn't feel too inspired by that.

So....I had a little scoot round the Lion Brand pattern finder and decided to try my hand at making a bag!  I'm about 2/3 of the way through it, and will so been starting on the handles.  I have no idea in reality how big this bag will end up, and whether it will even be practical, but it's been quite quick to make so far, and easy enough for a first attempt.  I can't wait to finish it and see the finished product, but here's a picture of it in its present state...

2 comments:

  1. ooh I finished my first bag last night, and am haf way through the second. Just need to get some big buttons for the decoration of the first one now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! Will you post a pic on your blog for us to see?

    ReplyDelete